OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE LAWYER DALLAS
THE BELTZ LAW FIRM
An occupational license is a special restricted license issued to persons whose license has been suspended or revoked for certain offenses (other than medical reasons or delinquent child support). An occupational license authorizes the operation of a non-commercial motor vehicle in connection with a person’s occupation, for educational purposes or in the performance of essential household duties. Requests for such licenses are made to the county or district court in the county of the licensee’s residence or to the court of original jurisdiction where the offense occurred.
The court order is not the occupational license. It is the order granting the occupational license. The court order and all other required items must be submitted to the Department for issuance of an occupational license. The court order may be used as a license for thirty (30) days from the date of the judge’s signature while DPS processes the occupational license request.
You must mail the following items to the Department:
- The certified copy of the petition and a certified copy of the court order granting the occupational license. (If the individual is participating in a special drug court program, the petition is not required. The judge has the authority to grant an occupational order.)
- An original Form SR-22 certificate of insurance. This is the only proof of insurance acceptable.
- An occupational license fee for a one-year license or less. The maximum length of issuance is a 2-year license, provided that the court order grants this length of time.
- All required reinstatement fees.
NOTE: If a person’s driving privilege is suspended, revoked, cancelled, or denied under any law of this state, the person may not be granted an occupational license to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
Feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: http://www.beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105