Typical Time Frames For Obtaining an Occupational License
Although Texas state law sets out the rules and requirements for obtaining an occupational license, courts have their own procedures and policies with regards to how to obtain an occupational license. In and about the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, different procedural rules apply, depending on the county, court, and judge in which you file your petition. Here are some expectations regarding the estimated time it takes in various courts:
- In Dallas, for traffic related suspensions and non-DWI suspensions, you can obtain an occupational license in one day in the county criminal court
- In Dallas, car accident related suspensions, you can obtain an occupational license in about a week in the county civil courts
- In Dallas, for DWI related suspensions, the times vary depending on which court had the criminal case
- In Dallas, for felony related suspensions, the times vary depending on the court
- In Collin C0unty, for traffic related suspensions and non-DWI suspensions, you can obtain in one day depending on the judge’s schedule
- In Collin County, for DWI related suspensions, the times depend on the judge in the court where the criminal case is set
- In Denton County, for traffic related suspensions and non-DWI suspensions, you must set a hearing in the county court. It can be obtained, typically, within a week
- In Tarrant County, for traffic related suspensions, a judge may grant the occupational within approximately one week after the District Attorney’s office has reviewed the petition for any possible objections. If necessary, a hearing may be set to prove up the order.
These examples above are just a sample of the typical estimated times it may take to obtain an occupational license. Every case is different, therefore, it is best to allow one of our experienced occupational license attorneys review your particular situation. For a review of your occupational license or for a free consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our office at the numbers listed below. Thank you.
1) By Phone – 214-321-4105
2) In Person – We are located at 8360 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway, #260 and are available Mon – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
3) Via Live Chat
4) By Email – You can email our office by filling out the form on THIS PAGE